Tuesday, October 18, 2005

BSNL Broad Band Troubles

Recently my BSNL Broad Band started giving me problem. The problem is that the modem never gets on to the ADSL line. If it does also it takes long time like 30 mins, 1 hr, 1 day! I reported this to the BSNL guys who doesn't seem to have any clue. Also I found that some other people also having the same problem.

After almost a week of uncertainty I decided to find any new firmware for my modem Huawei SmartX MT880, which may fix this problem. I found one on this thread, which I downloaded and upgraded. But the result is same.

As I was browsing through the modem options through its web interface I stumble across new option given by the new firmware called ADSL Settings under which I found sub-option called ADSL Modulation which is set to ADSL2+. Now I remembered that some one suggesting to set to G.DMT to fix my kind of problem in the same firmware thread. So i tried it and I can tell you that it is the fix for it. Modem is now comes up as usual whenever I switch it on. I hope BSNL guys are listening!

7 Comments:

At 10/19/2005 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well problem with my dataOne connection is quite different. Ofcourse it always connects. Once it connects, sometimes we are only able to use Yahoo Messenger and sometimes, we are lucky to use anything. No clue as to where the problem lies. Browsing the dataone broadband forum in the links given by you to find any possible solution.

 
At 10/22/2005 12:46 PM, Blogger Subhash Chandra said...

Kabber can you tell whether it is a DNS problem or not? That means when it is not working if you try to goto any site it says Looking for www.yahoo.com then it fails or ping www.yahoo.com will say couldn't find the host.

I found that some timer DNS fail after some time which I am try to fix. If this is the case I have couple suggestions for you to try out!

 
At 10/25/2005 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Subhash, ping www.gooogle.com works fine for me. But when i try to open the same website in the browser it doesnt open at all. After reaching home,I have again realised that I too face the same problem of my modem not coming up soon after boot up. yes, its taking about 30 minutes to come up. Man, if someone says that they know a stable modem that comes up fast; i dont mind spending another 2k on that. I have spent more time on this and got too frustrated with this dataOne. Its too ridiculous.

 
At 10/26/2005 7:06 PM, Blogger Kousik said...

My problem was even funnier. I couldn't solve it but worked around it. /me too looking for a firmware upgrade for my Utstar modem. Heck, when BSNL people offered me a choice, I thought utstar can be marginally better than huawei ...

Not.

 
At 10/31/2006 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you please email me MT880 firmware? File on internet is Deleted..

Current Firmware Version: V200R001C01B021SP02 INDIA
Firmware Date: May 17 2005

Kindly email me to yash_1@yahoo.com

Thanks in Advance..

 
At 12/22/2006 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr Chandra, can you please send me the newest mt880 firmware , the rapidshare link is dead due to inactivity and i am unable to download that firmware upgrade.
My email address is tarey_g@yahoo.com .

Thx

 
At 8/08/2008 10:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot. I was living with this problem for last 3 months. Now solved.

BSNL Support is very poor.

Thanks again....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home