Thursday, March 24, 2005

Some Photographs

It has been long since I took out my camera and shot few pictures. During my marriage break I had an opportunity to do so. The story is that I am very much disappointed with so called Photography Experts GK Vale. I have given them a roll and asked them to develop and give scanned (negs) pictures in digital format. They have done a very shabby job. The pictures are over bright, no sharpness, no proper color (I guess the film used is not that bad) and debris here n there.

I am very much unhappy the way they handled the negs also. When I went to pickup they are giving me uncut negs and I asked them to cut and give. It went thorough several hands and finally the lady did a sloppy job of putting all her fingers over it (I should have done it myself).

I am struggling to find a professional guy who can handle things in professional way in Bangalore. This incident increased my desire to switch to a Digital SLR, which I am planning for some time. I am soon going to get Canon EOS 20D.


(1) One of my marriage pictures. Shot with Canon A70
(C) 2005 Y Ravidranath


(2) Sunset


(3) Sunset again


(4) Pretty much disappointed the way it has come out. Metering problem and usual bad scan.


(5) Does any one know what these are called?


(6) Red Fort


UPDATE
Ok call me a lazy guy again. A quick Google search revealed that the seeds in the picture are called Abrus Precatorius, which are very poisonous. I have bitten one these to see how hard they are! Nothing happened to me as of now! Plenty of these seeds are there in my home! Pragya collected them for decoration. More pictures here.

4 Comments:

At 3/24/2005 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Subhash,
Marriage pictures have really come up well. Can you tell me what those red fruits like stuff is ? are those cherries ?

C you sometime. where are you ?

-- > Ahmed.

 
At 3/28/2005 10:17 AM, Blogger Kousik said...

YSC, Nice to see you back. For a good job on scan, you can try at Prabhu's (Brigade road, opposite to Lee). He is good.

Show us your full marriage album.

How's new life?

 
At 3/30/2005 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even poison doesnt have an effect on you. I would suggest dont decorate your home with poisonous seeds lest some guest consumes poison by chance :) ;).

-> Ahmed.

 
At 4/05/2005 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello;
How are you? I from Spaninsh and I donĀ“t speak english.

I like a lot of un text and my like yours pictures.
Pleasse, I want to see to pictures, I think that you are a goot photograph.
Saludos Harifax
http://harifax.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home