Monday, April 18, 2005

I

The subject of this post I (I am) has become somewhat interesting to me for some time now. Some of the questions around this I are

1) Who am I?
2) What am I?
3) What are my responsibilities in life?
4) Why I am doing or not doing certain things?
5) Do I understand myself?

I find that I don't understand quite well myself (or probably need to improve from current state). Things like understanding my priorities & taking care of responsibilities etc. People (family, friends, society, job etc.) around me have some expectations from me and I have my own interests, now how much I am paying attention to them? Lot of things demand attention how do I keep these things balanced? I feel that one can only do that if he realizes him-self (spiritual self-realization? I donno) i.e know some answers to these questions to some extent.

May be Gita can enlighten me like it did to Arjuna and/or may be Taoism will show me the path.

Last question surrounding I is Am I becoming spiritual? well I have no shame in admitting that I am still very much materialistic. I would love to know the answers to these question to do good Karma. I should try understanding this stuff sooner or later.

3 Comments:

At 4/19/2005 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey subhash, I guess you are getting interesting. Man, I had never heard these things from you before.

Well, onething I would like to say from my side is: Forget these thinking. Enjoy as you are !!! I dont this is the age for us to experience and experiment with spiritual concepts. Lets enjoy life as it is and as it comes. :)
-> Kabeer

 
At 4/28/2005 9:33 PM, Blogger silentyogi said...

one day or the other we all will start asking these questions ourselves. because that is nature of every humans mind. and to ask these question is quiet normal at any age. age is not a barrier for asking questions. and unless the semitic religions , in Sanatana Dharma ( Hinduism ) every body can ask questions. and every questions will be answered..sooner or later.

Spiritual concepts are not for a particular age group. its for all groups.

Kabeer dont be afraid. you wont loose your friend. but if he goes deeper into Sanatana Dharma. instead You will get a nice friend who is refined by the principles of it. Santana Dharma is for all and it strives for the upliftment of Humanity by various forms and methods. and it has done this from time when there was no "religions " on earth . and will be there till the end of Humanity.

 
At 4/29/2005 2:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

your blog posting reminded me of something i had written long long long back... at the moment i cant much relate to it...but nevertheless...
thanks to you i ended up visiting a site of mine which i havent in some 3 years now!! thanks for coming by :)

http://www.geocities.com/acancagua/journal2.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home